Has anybody tried the Tunesport Performance Module by PCN on your truck. I just purchased one and wanted to know if anyone else had any experience with the module...

5

Asked by Nov 25, 2011 at 01:32 PM about the 2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 4WD Extended Cab SB HD

100

hi i was just wondering if you have tried it yet and if it is any good?

70

I have. Bought a chip for a 2.4L 2007 Toyota Camry LE. I installed the chip and noticed that the acceleration lag my car had became a little worse. Figured maybe because the chip was tuning the engine to run leaner. However, after comparing my fuel mileage for 500 miles before the chip and 500 miles afterwords I found a loss of just about 2 MPG. I uninstalled the chip, did a new baseline of 500 miles. Then re-installed the chip and did another 500 miles with the exact same results. Basically, I noticed no increase in power from the chip... if anything it reduced my power. Basically, you'd be better off spending the $50 the chip costs on a tank of high octane gas and some engine cleaner. You'll get better results.

60

I installed a tunesport performance chip on my 03 Hyundai elantra, and noticed decent results. On another note though the wires came loose on it eventually, i took the casing apart to find they weren't even sodered,but glued on. I sodered the wires properly, re-installed the chip. The results after fixing this problem were remarkable!! I'm guessing at least a gain of 50hp!!!

50

I recently bought one of these chips and I made the mistake of looking at the reviews after I bought it, I popped open the "module" and all that's in there is a half ass glue job and a piece of metal, no software at all.

120

i want to buy one but am having second thoughts based on reviews. I am currently driving a 2001 jeep grand cherokee 4.7 v8. SO are they a scam? or do they work? is there any software to them? or just a fake piece of plastic?

110

i bought one also and noticed a loss of 1 to 2 mpg . today i went to you tube and watched tunesport module scam, everyone should watch this before buying.

40

I just opened the Chip one of the wire were not connected that is why the chip won't work; but of coarse I have not tested it out yet to scared that I may screw the car up again. Anyone who has this chip open it up if both wires are not connected to the chip it will not work.

40

My car never lost any power are acceleration neither gained or lost anything. So I got curious and opened and found what I thought in the first place. Is the chip worthless can't say, Just that both wires were not connected to the chip.

50

we bought the tune sportsport performance module after having it on for a while are truck started blowing sensors we took it off opened the box inside of it was two wires connected to a piece of metal with glue all around it

10

6-12 hp increase on a 2008 impala ltz that has 237 hp in return you get less mpg and hesitation when pulling off I bought this car and it was already install, I cut it off

70

Please do not but this device, This is all mind over matter. I purchased a unit and I measured the wires and was getting an open circuit, I crached the case open an noticed a small PCB encapsulated in glue with a Black Chip which I thought was a microcontroller. I chipped away the glue and was able to remove all the glue from the circuit board, I took a closer look at the chip and discovered that with the marking on the chip, it could only be a DIP banks of resistors, I took my meter out and started to measure the input and out on each pins and discovered that that chip was nothing more that a DIP resistor package that measured 3.3 kilo ohms. Upon further investigation I turned the pcb over and realized that this was a fake, the resistors were not solder and when I chipped away the glue from the two wires, ther were not even connected to the resistor network. My advise to everyone, please do not buy this product, if you need to get better performance for your vehicke, you can do it for less than two dollars, you just need a 4.7k ohms resistor to connect across the IAT sensor that tricks the computer in thinking that the temperature has changed and adjust the ECU settings. There are other ways to get better performance, You can purchase a working unit for between $299.00 to $400.00 or you could have the ECU reprogrammed for performance.

10

I installed a Tunesport Performance chip in my 2008 HHR. My mileage before installation was 24MPG after 300 miles it was up to 29MPG. I did, however, solder the unit in. This makes the best connection. No complaints!

This is a fake, I took this thing apart and as said before, nothing but a resistor that cost a fraction of a penny. you are literally being robbed

10

TOTAL SCAM!!! "TUNESPORT PERFORMANCE" it is not functional at all! The "Chip" is not even soldered to the little PC board. There are two wires soldered to the first and last pins on the chip, but that is only to hold the two wires that stick out of the black box. The wires are your "connection" to the MAF sensor that do absolutely nothing for your engine. The only thing that you may notice is after disconnecting your battery as per the instructions, you reset the computer and it will re-initialize the electronics controlling your engine. Timing, air flow, fuel mixture, etc. This may actually affect your gas mileage plus or minus, but it has nothing to do with the "chip". I say its time to file a class action suit against this company and take back all the money they have defrauded their customers out of. Sneaky greedy criminals is all they are. They should be prosecuted and put in jail. Any lawyers out there?