ford tempo ease and price of maintenance...

Asked by Apr 01, 2015 at 03:16 PM about the 1990 Ford Tempo 4 Dr GL Sedan

I am thinking if buying Ford Tempo 1990 used car with 48K mileage for $1300, I want to ask few questions relating to maintenance;
- does this car have lots of issues come up, the older it gets
- is it easy to do maintenance on your own, i.e. are engine parts accessible or needs special tools, taking lots of things out to get access to others....
- is it easy to get replacement parts...

and anything else anyone can mention...

73,915

Well,IMO,don,t buy a Ford tempo,they are high mantaninece and not reliable,go find you a toyota or honda.

thank you, that's what I was afraid of.

Hey I can not say anything bad about my 91tempo 4dr GL. It has hit 4 deer & still runs good. It has never ever been stuck (& I live on the eastern corner of Colorado . Lots of weird weather mud snow rain sand dirt roads ect )and I can depend in it to get me home. The only time it left me stranded is when my starter went out. Other than that it has been a damn good car.