No spark, No fuel pressure. No communication to scanner

20

Asked by Feb 17, 2016 at 08:00 PM about the 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Extended Cab SB

So here's what it did. Started up fine then I drove
4miles and i went to give it gas and I had no power
then it started chugging like it wasn't getting gas
or it had a misfire. I pulled over put it in park and I
took off and it only went to 15-20mph and once I
gave it gas it wanted to die. I got it home and it
started fine and idled fine until I gave it gas and
eventually it died. Then I shut it off and it didn't
start up again. I replaced fuel pump like an idiot
and I still don't have fuel pressure, no spark and no
scanner will communicate to the truck. It says
"error no communication with vehicle"

5,445

clean your battery with a wirebrush, then attach a scan tool to reset all codes~

5,445

that will A establish communications with the ECU (apparently power was zingy) and B enable you to make that thing "FORGET" all of the prior transgressions~

20

No corrosion to the battery. The fuse the lighter and ecm both share is good. Before I changed the fuel pump it would start and idle the lose power again. I changed fuel pump now it has nothing. Could the fuel pump ground make it not get spark or communication?

18,800

Could be the cam or crank shaft sensor.

20

The fuel pump should at least be priming when the key turns forward. Also would the security system just go wacko and do that to my truck even after it was driving fine for 4-5 miles. I just pushed down the pedal to gain speed and there she went. I just bough this not even two weeks ago and Lost my job because of this damn truck

5,445

bad moo-joo, possibly car dealership might take yours and give you a new truck and a new job...miracles never cease~

20

Wouldn't that be awesome except I lost that rabbit foot as a kid and shit that horseshoe out my ass couple months ago when I rolled my other truck and walked away.

5,445

there are more rabbit's feet out there...you know seems that it's more then transportation...I'm disabled have two vehicles and could NEVER see walkin' so it's VERY important~ with MS, just cannot walk anymore...thing is, there is still HOPE for your truck...you've got old fashioned stuff that does not connect to the computer, for example think maybe you've got a carb, instead of fuel injection? could be~ but ECM cannot communicate...that's interesting....either the ECM is not in control of this or that, or devices have failed~ which is our job to figure out what went screwey~

20

I typed in "no power to PCM on Silverado" four or five sections down a video saying 03 suburban no communication from YouTube popped up. A page from Facebook called ASE certified mechanics I was on had a guy telling me to do this same procedure as the video I just mentioned. I'm really hoping this is it

20

I was on google when I typed that in

5,745

Bob - you just went a little screwy with that last answer - just sayin

20

If I'm not getting power to the PCM I'll never figure out why it went ape shit on me going down the road. And if the PCM power gets fixed I'll bet my money that its the reason why I'm not getting the fuel pump to prime let alone it getting spark. The PCM is what's telling everything what its supposed to do. Am I correct on that?

5,445

well Mike, yes MsTemps...that man had faith in his lucky rabbits foot that was lost in his last wreck...that there is screwey enough...as for me, have faith in karma, and also influencing the hand of fate....drive and drink...you probably deserve to have your vehicle taken from you...that there is karma --or car-ma (lol)~

5,445

there are devices to detect a short...either then following with your eye, the circuit path one a common electrical tester, we can find out where the electrical path ends~

20

I don't know where you come off saying I was driving drunk. Slippery roads and bad tires here in Minnesota will take you out. I appreciate your help Bob but I don't appreciate you saying I lost my truck I worked hard for because I was drunk. And that's off the subject of why my new truck is having problems. Thank you

5,445

sadness...we'll find an answer for ya~ did not mean to imply that YOU were drinking...just explaining how cruel things can needlessly get~ have met with the hand of fate many times....glad I'm still alive as well...there is NOT ONE part that is on that truck that our GURU team does not understand~ so there is the comfort of people who know all about YOUR truck~ did not mean to stop helpin' it's my mission in life to GIVE not subtract~