I have a 1990 probe. It just stopped running.

5

Asked by Oct 01, 2007 at 05:53 PM about the 1990 Ford Probe GL

Gas isn't getting to the cabarater.  I put in a new fuel pump, tht wasn't it.  I have checked everything out but the nurser switch.  I don,t know where to find it.  I am not sure if I have the right name for it.  But what it does is, if you hit something head on or just hard it shuts everthing down.  Can't find my probe manuel.  Pleasse help??? Judy O

43,515

It could be this switch, but honestly, i would take this to a mechanic and have them test it before you continue playing "roulette" with parts replacement. The switch you are looking for is the fuel pump cutoff switch and is typically located in the trunk.

35

1 i has a 1990 probe it doesn't have a carb its got efi 9eletronic fuel injtion 2 if it is like mine same problem what happens is in the event of a crash there is fuel pump shut off swithch in the rear of the car under the carpet beside the spare tire, behind the left rear fender well , this problem occured because the wire corrodes do not mix up hard to find which goes where when apart but it could have also been triped also check th relays and fuses relaed with the fuel system main fuse block and possibly in the interior fuse box. it will all be labeled also check all injetor connectors they won't be shooting fuel in if they are not connected after writing all this i hope you have the v6 lol hope it helps

75

On my probe gt w/ 2.2l turbo (fuel injected) The switch is in the trunk on the left side right next to the washer bottle and motor for the rear window. It either has a bad connection or it's been tripped as a large impact can set it off, so you may just have to reset the switch. But if you're not sure about the switch, just pull it out and just attach the two wires with a wire twister and you're set. It's a very simple electrical mechanism. Best of luck

I have a 1990 ford probe and it won't start need info on where to find a fuel pump assembly

You can find fuel pumps at almost any parts house I personally check Amazon.