What size fuel tank for a 1990 Bronco?

Asked by Oct 26, 2013 at 02:04 PM about the 1990 Ford Bronco XLT 4WD

The LMC truck parts catalog shows a 32 gallon but I have never put that much fuel in it at
one filling. I see that there is also a 25 gallon tank. How do I know which size to order? I
see that I will not be replacing the skid plate on it but instead putting in a lower strap set.

67,275

I'm guessing the larger (32 gallon) tank was optional. If you have a sticker somewhere on the vehicle with a bunch of letters and numbers grouped together in 3s those are the option codes for your specific vehicle. Take a picture of it to your local Ford dealer and they can tell you which tank you have. If there's no sticker they may be able to look it up using your vehicle identification number. HTH. -Jim

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Bronco

yes....goood guess JIm~

23 gallons~

185

I haven't heard of 23 gallon tanks ever being in a full size Bronco (I could be wrong). The two big Bronco's that I own both have 32 gallon tanks. I ran my tank further down than I ever should have once in the 96 and I put 29.7 gallons into the tank at that time. I think this is the case simply because the company wanted to leave us some reserves even when we're dumb enough to push our luck. I've never run out of gas in the Bronco before and have been driving Bronco's since 2000 on a regular basis and been a little sketchy on the lower end of the gauge from time to time. I think Ford just gives us some extra leeway even though I've been on the red line before. Also, when I replaced my fuel pump, I noticed that there was a noticeable space between the bottom of the float on the 90 degree arm and the bottom of the tank. My bet is on the 32 gallon.

185

Both my 1990 Bronco 5.8 XLT and the 1996 5.8 XLT have the same 32 gallon tanks.

185

The 1996 XLT with 35 inch Mud Terrain tires believe it or not went 349 miles from Burlington Washington, to Eugene Oregon most of the time the speed was held at 70 mph at 1700 RPM because of the 3:55 gear ratio and the overdrive. My speedometer is also calibrated correctly with the tire size. With the a/c and defroster under limited usage, I managed to get the streamlined brick quite a long distance. Even travels further in distance than our 05' Tahoe's smaller 327 engine! It takes a 32 gallon tank to do this though.