Can someone please help.

Asked by May 22, 2016 at 07:43 PM about the 2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali 4WD

I  have a 06 GMC Envoy Denali XL  that has a check engine light come on and service stability traction control
light on light . I  took it to the dealer I bought it from to get it serviced for a driver side door module recall and
they took my truck to the back for an hour just to be told they didn't have the part. Two days later the check
engine light comes on and I took it back. The service rep tells me that I had a code for  a sensor that keeps the
gas fumes from ejecting out. So I  paid $445.00. 3 days later the check engine comes back on . I take it to
Advance and the same code comes back on now 3 weeks later I have  7 codes on the computer that the dealer
never told me about. Can it be that the computer needs to be replaced. I have a rebulit engine with 45,000 miles
on it but my mechanic gave me list that the codes are  going back to the transmission.  I hate to trade it in
because I just finished paying it off. Please help, I am really confused as to what to do or fix.

237,735

After the day 3 and the light came back on, I would have taken it back tot he dealer to fix as as you already paid them. 3 weeks now, see if they will still honor a repair. If not, have your local mechanic diagnose the problem. Might be something simple. We would need the 4 digit codes to help further.

92,955

It sounds like your really confused, I assume that you have the codes written down, so take it to autozone or wherever and get the codes cleared so you start with a clean slate then drive it until you get a check engine light, then have the code pulled again and see what that is and is it on your list, if it is then it is a hard fault and needs attention, then then after that is cleared you start all over again, this is going to be a step at a time operation unless you want to spend the bucks to have the vehicle live data scanned.

Thanks for the response and help. I been taking my cars to a very dependable mechanic, which gave me the codes also as a second opinion. I don't trust the dealer that I took it to. My problems with the check engine light started 2 days after taking it there.

92,955

I would suggest that you take it to the tech you trust and have him check it over, he might just do what I suggested and start from square one. He should also have a live data scanner in his test equipment. I know I will never be without one these days.