what does the EEC codes mean

Asked by Jul 18, 2015 at 11:22 PM about the 1990 Ford Aerostar 3 Dr XL Passenger Van

I had a 1990 Ford Aerostar 3.0
engine and I got the code 21 the
cold 72 in the cold 74 and always
trying to see if anybody knows
what they mean thank you?

21-ignition signal 72-egr solenoid 74-3rd/4th gear shift solenoid(DOHC)

Best Answer

If u can when u get a chance can you tell me what code 73 is and thank u I've been trying to get someone to help me and they want me to pay when all I'm asking is what is it not for them to fix it so thanks.

73-throttle position sensor

Thanks u helped me out a lot I'm just having problems with code 21 I can't find what ignition signal do u think u can help me and see what one it says it is for code 21?

I am somewhat familiar with code 21. But I would start by clearing out the ECM codes and see what returns. I am sure that the KS code will come back. The code 21 is like it say, there is a problem on the primary side of the ignition; power transistor, ignition coil, resistor/condensor, and quite possibly the distributor itself. A scope check of the ignition signal on the primary igntion side of the coil should be able to tell you what is going on. Sometimes if the connectors aren't pushed together completely you can get a code 21. I would start there and work my way up.