I have 2004 Sprinter 2500 and I am US resident. When I put this on sale, I got call from Canada resident to buy. Is it possible to sell to Canadian? Please let me know any issue and care to take?

10

Asked by Jan 29, 2011 at 02:56 PM about the 2004 Dodge Sprinter Cargo 3 Dr 2500 140 WB Cargo Van Extended

What are all the documents need to close the sale of used Van from USA to Canadian resident? Is it legal? I am an USA Resident and want to sell my fully paid cargo van (own titled) to Canadian resident. My side do I have any tax and other issues, please let me know.

Thanks

3,415

sure you can sell it to whoever you want... you'll have to work out how the vehicle will get it to him. Normally if he is inquiring about a vehicle in the US he has some knowledge of what is necessary for him to import, if you don't want to deal with anything you can ask him to set it all up.... he will either offer to come down and pick it up himself or set up to have a shipping company get it and bring it to him. In any case you don't have anything to do tax wise... that's all up to him, he may ask you to mail or fax a copy of the ownership(title) to him so he can notify customs at the border that he intends to bring it over. Once it gets over the border he will have some work to do to get it to comply with the regulations in his province

10

Thank you very much. Appriciate your help.