I'm working on a 2000 ram van 5.2 (won't start),I've changed coil & crank sensor. after that it will sometimes start but will no power. I've checked timing, I've checked for clogged cat.

150

Asked by Apr 01, 2013 at 10:28 PM about the 2000 Dodge Ram Van 3 Dr 2500 Cargo Van Extended

This is racking my brain, sometimes it has spark & sometimes it don't... I've checked for bad grounds, I changed crank sensor, coil, checked the dist. to make sure T.D.C. lines up with #1 cyl. I have a little bit of slop in T-chain but nothing to raise a red flag. I removed O2 sensor and started the van. A couple of times it started, but no power. runs for 30 sec. and starts hissing out of the intake louder then dies. sometimes it starts back up, sometimes it just cranks over and no fire at the dist. HELP...

150

Would that stop it from have no spark from coil ???

150

P.S. Thanks for replying...

jeeez, man...thought we covered the whole 'spark' thing with you new complement of elecricals---nice harpo btw-

think the basics...Ground cable to chassis and to engine must be clean enough to pull 300 amps- the little lolipop auxilliary red connection should not be ignored either- based on your description, it's a faulty ground connection.

ground connection at chassis must be shiny with electical real estate to park the lug which must also be shiny~

Solid ground. man, if it sparks one day, then won't spark the next, then sparks again...yes, faulty ground.