Van acts like it can't get gas, it stutters, pops and loses power...Why?

Asked by Jun 25, 2015 at 10:58 AM about the 1994 Dodge Ram Van 3 Dr B250 Cargo Van

I have spent over $1000.00 trying to fix this van. Its been in the shop 4 times for the same problem. It acted like it had trash in the lines, so I had the tank cleaned and put in a new fuel pump. Then I had the lines cleaned and injectors and it s still doing this stuttering, popping, loss of power thing. If I pump the pedal rapidly it will go but obviously that's not going to work. My repair guy said there is a sensor located on the throttle body and wants to replace this. He thinks that will fix it... I am doubtful any ideas?

From what I am reading, I wouldn't have suggested tank cleaning. It may be poor or clogged injectors, but you said you had them cleaned so it may be an electrical disturbance of the wires. If they are faulty then you would experience that problem. Vehicles are like people and mechanics are like doctors, sometimes you need a second opinion. I recommend taking your Dodge Ram into a Dodge dealer and not your "repair guy". They stay informed on problems with their own vehicles and what is happening may be more common than just your vehicle. There is a greater chance of correct diagnosis with less error because of their network of mechanics.

Suzanne Stockdreher

Thank you for your answer is it possible for you to expand your info about the electical disturbance. My blue tooth amd wi fi would not interfere with this or?