Hey guys, this man is selling me a 1991 Ford Probe GT turbo. It is a 5 speed with leather interior. Exterior is clean but has minor sun damage to the paint. it has 190k miles. price fairness? 1750?

15

Asked by Sep 25, 2013 at 11:43 PM about the 1991 Ford Probe GT Turbo

6,360

Check KBB.com or Edmunds.com for market value in your area. Or go on craigslist and see what people are selling them for. Sounds high to me with that many miles. 1991 ford prob I would think with them miles and the condtion I would guess closer to the $1000 rang and I may be high on that. Check those sites out

15

I tried checking KBB but it wouldn't let me check. The lowest year, on the price check was 1993. Wouldn't let me choose any older. Edmunds, I tried but it kept messing up on my computer. Using values i hadn't selected over those i had specified.

6,360

It is all ready 22 years old with alot of miles. Personaly I would not give $1750 for it. I may go $500 to $700 on a good day

15

Agreed, which is why I have been so persistent in trying to find a price check. Thank you for assistance Ron, much appreciated!

6,360

What was a 1993 going for? you would have to go with either fair or poor condition with those miles and the sun damage

15

a 93', the lowest I saw which is for fair is 900$

6,360

No Problem Arturo. I hate to see people get burned. If a 1193 is going for around a $1000 you can knock off about $300 to $500 off that for a 1991

Best Answer Mark helpful
28,725

I checked Edmunds with the info. you provided. Dealer would try to sell for approx. $1,100. Private party price is listed at $531.00..so yes, the Seller has this car overpriced. No way in hell that I'd ever pay $1,750 for a '91 Probe GT. With 190k miles, Lord only knows what shape the turbo and other components are in.

15

Agreed. Especially if they're in not so great shape and I have to pay more to replace parts than for the car itself. I'll see how much i can get him to knock off the price. If not, well no deal. There's tons of cars out there. Thanks guys!

15

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/4048660892.html here's the ad in case you wanted to take a look at it

6,360

So it may be worth around $600 maybe

15

Alright, well I'll see how much he's willing to cut off the 1750. And let you guys know if the deal is made or not.

28,725

At one time, I might have considered Craigslist for a used car...BUT since we had a guy who was murdered here in the Philly area a couple of months back after getting lured in by some psychopath to look at his car.....I'll never use CL again. Not worth the risk.

15

Damn, thats insane. Yeah, I always make sure someones with me. My cousin has a permit to carry a weapon freely, so I always make sure its him. I've heard about crazy stuff like that happening.

15

Have not been on, but I didn't get it. Wouldn't drop it under 1500. Guy seemed like a total con.

28,725

Good decision Arturo! $1,500 is a complete waste of $$ for a '91 Probe with almost 200k miles...the car would have been a serious money pit...even if he DID drop the price. There's a good reason WHY you don't see many Probes on the road today...and to think Ford was thinking of replacing the Mustang with this car some years back..LOL!

15

Could you imagine if they had? Ford might not be existent to this day if so! lol but yes, agreed. Any recommendations for a good small economic vehicle? Maybe like a Celica or something of that sort?

28,725

As far as some good choices for a sporty, but economical and reliable car....the Toyota Celica is definitely a good choice. You can also look at: Mazda 3 (hatchback looks cooler than sedan model, IMO), Mazda 6 sedan with rear spoiler is awesome, Subaru Impreza (again the hatchback). Honda Civic Si (2 door model).

I have a 1991 Ford Probe Turbo with around 70,000 miles and it runs good. A guy stopped me at Cracker Barrel wanting to buy mine. I wasn't ready to sell. He was willing to pay over $5,000 for it because of a part inside that makes Mustangs run faster or something like that. I should have sold it but I wasn't ready. I need to sell it now because I have too many cars. Any offers email me @ pammy0402@msn.com. Thanks I'm in NC.

i had a 91 3.0 6 cyl with a chip plat plugs wires and distib