grease cup

Asked by May 14, 2011 at 01:06 PM about the 1991 Ford Festiva L

trying to remove rear grease cup so I can remove the drum to check brake shoes.
Doesn't that cup just pry away from the drum? I'm having a difficult time getting it
to come out.

use a small flathead screwdriver tap edge of cap lightly with a hammer should pop off.plus some have 2 philip head screws on hub that have to be removed befor hub will come off.

papa. I don't see any screws that would hold the cup. I abused the thing just short of ruining it because if I have to ruin it I want to make certain I can replace it. It's probably never been off. (the car has 75m miles on it). I even put a pipe wrench on it and tapped the wrench and it marked the edges which I knew was extreme but the darn thing wouldn't budge. I have to get the drum off because something is hanging up inside (I can hear and feel it) and the car won't back up. Is there a source for a new cup if I have to waste it?

no screw in the cap,might be on drum(screws)its just a cap probly rusted,beat the hell out of it to get it off,u can get a replacement at any auto parts store.

papa. I'll get it off. Nice to know I can replace it. Thanks for getting back. rossco

no problem.