What kin of motors will fit in it and what would be the best kind to use

Asked by Jun 13, 2011 at 07:17 PM about the 1991 Ford Festiva GL

the festiva were throw away cars at that time run it until it quites get rid of it.

7,035

b6 from mazda 323 or mercury tracer, b8 from mazda's, bp (1.8 dohc) from escort gt, lx-e, protege I just rebuilt a b6 and swapped it.

30

Exactly, Jay Leno put a Mazda in his! Do some more "homework" /research.

205

Dude, did you put a motor in it? You still have the car? U don't want it somebody no doubt would like parts off of it. Let me know, ok?

50

I have a Festiva that need an engine what all would I have to do to swap it with a mazdas?

7,035

Depends on the engine buddy. Could you start your own question? The b6 is the easiest swap, short answer.

Do you still have the old motor and if you do whats wrong with it and do you want it or whats good o

7,035

Stuart, this forum is pretty quiet among the festiva peeps.. the fordfestiva.com site is BUSY and very helpful. Sometimes you can get b3 engines for free or cheap (but don't expect it, please). Just saying. I'm not sure what all you need done, but if you start a new question/topic, I would be happy to read it and try and give you my thoughts on the matter. I look forward to helping, Cheers

I have a 92 ford festiva it leaks out ala lot of oil I was told it was several things but I'm not really sure what it is

7,035

Hi Agustin, I'm subscribed to the Festiva questions. If you will start your own question I will come over and answer as best as possible and try to help you get on the right foot. For starters, you can slide under the front bumper and wipe off oil from the oil pan and where the oil pan mates to the engine. Continue to wipe off as much crud from the engine as possible. Drive it for 20 minutes and then check the areas you wiped and look for wet areas. Post in your new questions what areas (or even pictures!!) are wet with oil or other fluids. HTH

20

Where would i get the b6 easy swap new ?

7,035

Like.. NEW new?

20

Yes or in very good running condition

7,035

You could try eBay or the Festiva community and see if anyone has rebuilt one. You should also try to source the vaf and ecu for it.

20

Thanks alot for the info walth

7,035

Sorry, I was working during that last response. You can also try car- part.com and craigslist (hit and miss / timing).. And as far as mileage verses maintenance on the engine, it's a tough call. I would request a picture of the HLA / cylinder head area for color and look for goopy black dried oil stains. If it's a faint dirty/dusty color, you might have a good find. Actually, I pulled a dusty b6 from a tow behind tracer and it's ran great. And I think you can run it on the stock b3 ecu and vaf and it's okay, but the B6K1 ecu is better and the S vaf (I think S) is a little better. You only have to splice the injectors and everything else is plug and play. The only issue you might run into is the exhaust lining up from the cat to the downpipe. You might connect it at the cat first, then push the exhaust mani up tight and get 2-3 bolts/nuts started. It rattles on the body near the shifter linkage area, hence cut and weld is better. Keep in touch man, hope you find a good one. I was also thinking, if you don't rebuild some/all of it now, you might later.

7,035

There's a guy in South Dakota that just posted a B8 (SOHC) for sale - didn't list a price though. It's on facebook, then search for: fordfestiva.com :::: and you see our page. His name is Cordell.

Any ideas for an engine swap on a 1979 ford fiesta?

7,035

hmm.. no ideas other than to suggest looking at the older fiesta forums (I imagine there are some anyway) and asking around.

10

can a toyota corola motor fit into a ford fiesta car