installing head

Asked by Jan 16, 2009 at 05:45 AM about the 1991 Ford Escort 4 Dr LX Hatchback

I am installing a reman. head (complete)on my sons 1991 1.9 is there a valve adjustment I need to do before I install the head or do I make sure the rockers are tight? Where is the heat tab on the head? Is there any special lube I need to put on the valve train? Thanks

2,180

If you're installing a head without referencing a Ford Service manual for procedure, torque sequence and specifications you are OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE! You're gonna install the head WRONG and damage either the head or the bottom end of the engine. As a minimum, your kid is gonna be stranded someplace because you made a mistake. Get an experienced mechanic to do this repair before you end up doing the job TWICE.

I have rebuilt small and big block chevys they are push rod motors.This is my first 4 cyl. ford non push rod motor.