car dies

Asked by Nov 14, 2008 at 05:14 PM about the 1991 Ford Escort 4 Dr LX Hatchback

Car dies when you make right hand turns at 10 mph +/- when the gas tank is below half tank. When tank is above half it is ok. When you are at a stop and turn right when below half it don't die. WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS?? Thanks

I had a problem similar to this. I had to replace the fuel pump to fix it on my 1984 Chevy S10. It would do the same thing but on left hand turns. Your fuel pump is probably located in the fuel tank so you may have to take it to a mechanic. Hope that helps some.

1,005

I know I had a problem with the fuel pump in my '91 escort as well... (except mine wouldn't run at all) but once we fixed that it ran fine... beautiful car... treat it right and you'll get half a million kms on it... Mine was sitting at over 450,000 kms when I parked it. Good little cars those.