battery keeps dying

35

Asked by Jul 05, 2007 at 06:02 PM about the 1992 Ford Thunderbird LX

battery keeps dying and i dont know how to reset the keyless entry because i checked everything else and that s the only thing it could be

31,795

not really sure what you mean. The keyless entry won't be killing your batter. Either you have a drain coming from somewhere else or it's time for a new battery. When was the last time the battery was changed? It's not abnormal to have t change the battery in a 15 year old car.

35

we changed the battery thats wat we thought it was too but now we think it is the alternator

415

Have your alternator checked at an auto part store, they should do it for free, and it will tell you if it is the altenator or not. There is 2 checks they can do for your altenator, one with it on the vehicle, while it is running check the ouput of amps and voltage to make sure it is delivering sufficent power to recharge your battery. The other test involves the altenator be takin off, but in turn it is the same test. Make sure you battery cables are connected and the ground is grounding properly.