half of my windows work the other half doesnt and my power door locks dont work help me if possible

Asked by Aug 01, 2015 at 09:51 PM about the 1992 Ford Tempo 4 Dr GL Sedan

the front drivers side and the passenger rear go up and down fine the other do not work
also the power door locks do not work any ideas on whats wrong?

If the windows won't go up/down it's either the Window Motor or Regulator. If the power locks do not work it's probably a part called the Lock Actuator. Try this link http://www.cars.com/auto-repair/estimate/ to get an estimate of a fair price to fix locally.

I am thinking I can do that by my self

Sorry, I didn't notice you're a guy, so yes, you could. I use a mechanic. Looking at parts available at www.CarParts.com, you have to determine which lock is not working because, like the window parts, they're offered by specific door. Also, the problem could be the door lock switch itself. Good luck!