Radio and clock display stopped working

Asked by Mar 30, 2010 at 09:16 PM about the 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan 4 Dr SE Passenger Van Extended

Radio and clock display suddenly stopped working. Checked under-the-hood fuse panel, and all okay there. Is there any other in-line fuse that I need to replace, perhaps?

110

try resetting the IOD fuse under the hood.

10

Thank you for answer above! Had same problem on my '07 Grand Caravan and resetting (pulling and reinserting) IOD fuse worked!!!

40

I HAVE SOLVED THE SHORTING OUT PROBLEM OF THE RADIO SHORTING OUT, FLASHING, RESETTING, OR JUST PLAIN NOT WORKING!!! It is in the radio, behind the buttons. After six months of listening fools tell me to connect and disconnect, change fuses, etc, and pulling my hair, i finally removed the radio. using a star set of drivers i removed the front panel of the radio, and then the green board on the back of that panel, looking for dirt or bad connections. i found two flat, square, gold contact points on the green panel. there were tow very thin metal contacts on the button board that corresponded to these contact points. i noticed the metal was bent very far down, so i very gently placed a tiny screwdriver behind the contacts and gently bent them forward, where they would make a better contact with the little squares. i screwed the radio back together, re-installed it, and BAM. worked like a champ. lights, buttons, switches, the works. i'm going to go take a ride now and listen to my radio -- on ALL the stations.

10

Feb 2017, 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT radio has no power. The radio and all its functions simply stopped working with no power to the unit. All fuses under the hood were checked and changed, was no help. I pulled the radio, disconnected the wire harness and inspected the back of the radio for any damage. No damage visible. On a whim I simply re connected the wire harness, turned on the ignition as the clock and radio came alive. It seemed it needed a reset. All is working fine, for the moment. That 20 minute chore saved me about $300 for a newly installed unit.