pt cruiser turbo question???

Asked by Feb 21, 2011 at 10:18 PM about the 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base

hello all......im new to this whole forum thing but hopefully ill get the answeres that i am looking for.  I basically want to know if i am able to just get a turbo from a wrecker and just simply add it on or if there's more mods that i have to do to my car?...things like : do i have to have a intercooler?......will this thing bolt right on?.....now sure even where to start so i am really hoping that i will get the answers that i am looking for ,

thanks in advance

phil

185

Ok Phil, heres the 411, all of my cars are N/A and don't have turbos, but if your PT is the base, you will probably have to get a turbo kit specifically for this car. If you're buying it piece by piece, get a turbo mount, a turbo, an intercooler is optional but it will up performance and make the turbo last longer, MOST IMPORTANTLY, GET A BLOW OFF VALVE TO KEEP YOU FROM RUINING THE TURBO AND THE ENGINE!!!!!!!!! The blow off valve releases pressure built up by the turbo when shifting gears, you know that whistling noise that comes from a tuned car when it shifts gears, thats the b.o. valve at work (no pun intended). If you don't have one of these on your turbo, it will blow up and you will become very poor because you'll be paying for a new engine and turbo or a new car all together. Thats all I got. Cheers, mate :) and good luck with the mod.

Short foot note take down your vin# and call chrysler to see the engine type as they appear the same at a glance,the turbo engine has lower compression to prevent piston damage or lean detonation. And ecm is programmed differently you'll need oil cooling lines,intercooler,all plumbing to get air to intake,the factory air relief valve So fuel economy and mil light isn't on forever making inspection,smog,deq, a real pain in the butt.