Has anyone had experience with the PT turbos (small version). Had mine replace along with manifold, water pump, timing belt, and battery and spark plugs. It still has whine on excelleration, misfiring

10

Asked by May 27, 2014 at 01:48 PM about the 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring

Had Breslin Timberline repair but they have
tried 3 times now with car still doing the
same thing and we have more than 2800 I
to the repairs.

16,275

sounds like you found a wonderful mechanic- wonderful at emptying your wallet. The second trip should have been a clue. sorry. You are not a d.i.y person so no sense giving advice in the mechanical area. Just able to pass on some" Try to be a wise consumer advice". Find a qualified mechanic and get a written quote before you start. Report this guy to the Better Business Bureau.

Best Answer
10

Thanks chassy but we did have a quote and they have only charged us the original figure. The real problem is getting the car diagnosed in what isn't quite right. They have the computer readouts of what may be the problem. They basically have taken the repair back to square one trying to find anything that is not hooked up correctly or a faulty part. Then the car acts fine for 50 to 60 miles of test time only to fail shortly after we pick the car up. The owner of the dealership is working with us trying to find the missing piece to the puzzle. I was married to a very good mechanic for 25 years so I have heard all the behind the scene stories. The dealership has a good reputation in the area. Again, thanks for your response.