Pt cruiser radiator pressure

80

Asked by Alex Apr 06, 2017 at 03:24 PM about the 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Wagon FWD

what would cause a pt cruiser to be building
pressure cold or hot forcing all the
antifreeze into the overflow resulting in it
overheating

291,985

A leaking head gasket. Does your car have a lot of white smoke?

80

It doesn't steam out tailpipe, there's no oil in the antifreeze or antifreeze in the oil. Never any under the car. It will build pressure even when you first start in the morning.and it's not saying it's overheating but it'll push all the antifreeze in the overflow

291,985

I still suspect a leaking head gasket. Start the car cold and remove the radiator cap. If you see bubbles you have a problem!

80

Once the overflow fills it comes out the hose going all over the place

80

It there any easier fix besides having to change head gasket. Military grade sealant?

80

Is there any easier fixes. I see a military grade sealant.

The same thing happened to me, try replacing Thermostat and bleed the air out and I also replaced the overflow container, I Mine is a 2005 and bought with 175,000 miles on it, so the thermostat was actually in pieces when I took out! It stoped my problem, and for added protection I put in a radiator leak liquid (Bar Leak) all’s bern good! There is also a video online to show you how to replace thermostat!