why is my 02 pt cruiser blowing cold while heaters on and now wont turn over? HELP

Asked by Feb 11, 2017 at 08:20 AM about the 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring

My cruiser was having a problem over heating at times and it had a little leak, I think off the  but truly im not sure. It started blowing cold air while the heater was on. Finally before it died on me, it was blowing cold through the heater, the temp gauge dropped and it started to stall out. While driving on the highway. It did a weird chugging kind of thing a few times before shutting down completely. I coasted a while before ending up in walmarts parking lot. Now the car wont turn over at all. It sounds like its winding out through the electric stuff. Im a chick that knows nothing about cars. What I do know is that it took everything I had in this world to get that car for my four kids and myself ONLY 1 WEEK AGO!!!! *TEARS* HELP I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG HOW TO FIX IT OR HOW TO PAY FOR ALL THIS. *sigh*

Oh btw I was told that the bushings, water pump and, timing belt were just replaced.

55,225

What do you mean, it had a little leak? Was it loosing coolant and that coolant not dripping on the ground?

Yes the coolant was leaking. actually the water i put in the radiator. the over flow was always full but not flowing. Like I said I no nothing about cars really.

It would leak out until it was almost dry and I'd have to fill it before driving anywhere for those few short days I got to drive it.

Also I noticed that the knobs for the heater inside the car were doing something that seemed odd. it would force it to outside air flow rather then circulating. If that makes any since.

I'm having the same exact problem