Pcv valve hose when connected won't all car to start

Asked by Apr 25, 2017 at 09:55 PM about the 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base

115,845

I would replace the PCV and try again.

I just replaced off pcv valve and it's still doing the same thing no start when hose is coonected,the vacuum lines are correct and the hose is not collapsed,it ran upon start up until I installed the serpentine belt and than issue with the pcv valve it just kills the engine completely once I connect it.

115,845

Is your air cleaner plugged up with dirt?

No the air cleaner is fairly new and clean,is there a oil screen perhaps between the valve and pcv valve where it screws in?

115,845

Your car should not rely on air from the PCV connection in order to run. Is the CEL on? What codes?

I can't exactly remember what p code it was,but it was one that was towards the 02 sensor,and yes the check engine came on,figured it was because it because I could only get the engine to run with the pcv hose off and it caused a vacuum leak,making the engine run iraticaly up and down on rpm.

115,845

If the code was for the O2 sensor your air/fuel mixture may be screwed up but there are a number of possible causes. Post the code and we can take it from there.

Okay I'll see if I can look up the code again.

Okay because the car has been sitting for a few dayd the battery died,erasing any codes I had it on a jump pack to give it enough juice to hook up the scan tool,still no codes.