01 Pt Cruiser, making a bubbling noise after the oil light & temp light comes on at random intervals, but my oil level is right below max and it's not leaking. Any repair or maintenance suggestions?

5

Asked by Jan 29, 2015 at 08:18 AM about the 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited

54,535

How is the coolant level? Sounds like it may be overheating. Removing the radiator and cleaning between it and the A/C condenser has been mentioned in a couple of forums I have visited. If you do r & r the radiator make sure to add the correct coolant and purge the air from the cooling system. Do a Google search for cooling system purge on your specific vehicle.

5

Roger that, will do & I'll share my finds & results. Thanks Bob, being a chick got a huge runaround for the smallest things I need repairs with.

27,995

The fact the oil light comes on when this happens is a concern, the light indicates low oil pressure and then your radiator makes a "bubbling sound," the concern is that you might have a head or intake gasket issue, and oil or combustion gases are escaping into the water jacket. Pull you radiator cap and look for any sign of cross contamination. NAPA sells a simple test kit called "block tester" that will let you know if there's anything going on like that.

5

Thanks KenF, I'lol do what I can on my own but am all thumbs when it comes to cars. Going to try the kit