What is the problem when I start my pt cruiser it will not idle unless I keep my foot on the gas pedle

40

Asked by Sep 29, 2012 at 02:43 PM about the 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited

6,575

It sounds like it is probably your idle air controler. It is a common problem with ageing cars. It is a little motor that controls the amount of air that goes to your engine for idling. Very simple and pretty cheap to fix. When you give it gas, you are essentially bypassing the IAC and allowing air and gas in with your pedal. The part should be pretty cheap. Not a huge deal. Is it worse when the engine is cold or has been sitting for a while? How about when it is hot out, is it worse then?

40

It was not the IDLE AIR CONTROLER because I replaced it and the problem was still there it turned out to be the MAP sensor replaced the old IAC back in my car and my PT Cruiser runs great thanks but no thanks and the IAC is not CHEAP because if you think $180.00 PLUS TAX is cheap give you head a shake