2001 chrysler pt cruiser

Asked by Mar 16, 2016 at 11:54 AM about the 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base

im thinking on purchasing a pt criuser,
a2001. and really need to know if this
would be a good year, ..always hward
that to avoid  yrs,2002-2004. is this

Run... don't walk... away from this vehicle. The PT Cruiser is built on the Dodge Neon platform. Google either car with the phrase "known" issues. These cars are riddled with transmission and coolant systems issues. They are known to blow head gaskets. burn oil, blow head gaskets, and burn out gears. They were said to "Come off the assembly line leaking coolant". I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone who might be on a budget or isn't looking to be constantly repairing it.

I dont know about the 2001, but I had a 2005 and didnt have any issues with it... I loved my PT Cruiser

Don't take my word for it, see the 902 governmental complaints filed by owners of just the 2001 model year. http://www.carcomplaints.com/Chrysler/PT_Cruiser/2001/

thank you for info...

You bet Abigail. Best of luck on searching for a vehicle! Need any advice, ask away!

Thanks... I will look that up as well. Like I said, I loved my 2005 and am actually looking for another one...

@bsa1961 There are good and bad cars of every make. If you've maintained yours, it could be in excellent shape. Did you buy yours new? Done all the maintenance? That makes a HUGE difference. This person is talking about buying a 15 year old "Dodge Neon". Who knows how its been taken care of? There are cars out there that are designed to take the punishment, and take if for a long time 20+ years. They may not always be the most stylish or the most fun, but they will get you from A to B with minimal cost until you are at a point in your life where you can get the car you want. Volvo's, Honda's, Saturn's, and some older Mercedes Benz go 200, 300, even 400k mi's on their first engine. Show me ANY Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth (Daimler) that has EVER done that.

I purchase a 2001 PT Cruiser my car is about 16 years old and I've seen some PT Cruisers in not so good condition but when I got my PT Cruiser it was in excellent condition I was kind of concerned because I never dealt with Chrysler before but I actually have no issues with my car what so ever whatsoever I actually have no issues with my