cost of rebuilt starter on 2001 PT Cruiser

30

Asked by Nov 24, 2013 at 04:43 PM about the 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base

A few days ago, when turning the key in the ignition, it faltered, then did start.  This AM, I placed the key in the ignition, and it faltered, fluttered and did not start.  I waited a few hours and tried again, and it did the same thing.  The ding of the key in the ignition worked, all the warning starting lights came on, but still did not start, just fluttered.  This is a Sunday, so I will wait until Mon. AM to call my place of service and a wrecker service to get it there, but am curious as to know if it possibly is the starter, and how much I may be expected to pay to repair it, as I am  on a low income.Thank you for your attention.

http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/DC/1535-05073584.html? utm_source=google&utm_medium=ff&utm_content=DN&utm_campaign= PartsGeek+Google+Base&utm_term=2001- 2002+Chrysler+PT+Cruiser+Starter+USA+Industries+S2829+01- 02+Chrysler+Starter&fp=pp&gbm=a&gclid=CJLUhdLB_roCFSQSMwodZi kAmQ

77.07 we could go cheaper for a USED one from car-part.com~

....really I think that you are suffering from a weak ground connection....get a coarse wirebrush and trace the black battery cable to where it attaches to the chassis/ground....scrub that location with the wirebrush....scrub the lug with the wirebrush...then re-assemble....with a NEW battery you'll be off and running...also the connection to the motor block (Near the alternator)~

Best Answer Mark helpful
30

I had my 2001 PT Cruiser towed to my favorite repair garage, (not Chrysler) and yes! it was the battery that needed to be replaced! Not the starter at all!

that's what I thought to my one month old battery went bad