1995 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible won't go in reverse and will only go forward a few feet then stops.

10

Asked by Mar 20, 2016 at 02:39 PM about the 1995 Chrysler Le Baron GTC Convertible

a family member has a 1995 Chysler Lebaron Convertible which has been
well maintained & serviced at the dealership. Car has a little over 100,000
miles. Car now will not go in reverse and will will only drive forward a few
feet then stops going forward. If you shut the car off, wait a few  minutes
and restart the car, it will do the same thing.  Any idea's as to what is the
problem and how much it would cost to fix it?

Unfortunately I don't have the answer to your question but I recently bought a 93 Lebaron myself and am having a similar issue. At first the car will shift through the gears perfectly but after a few minutes, when the car heats up a little it will jerk, shifting hard down into low gear and then it won't shift back into drive or third. If I cut the engine and let it cool down for just a minute, iit will run fine for a few minutes and then the whole process begins again. It is only the forward gears that are affected so even when it's acting up I'm able to get it into Park, reverse or neutral. I was hoping you m8ght be

Sorry, hit submit before I finished. I was hoping you would let me know when you f GB for d

Wow, I have my dog jumping all up on me and the keyboard as well. Sorry about that! Anyway, if you find out what the problem is with yours please let me know so I can check mine for similar issues. Thank you!

10

My cat does the same thing. Well, the transmission guy took apart the transmission and it was a round gear that broke out of it's housing so that's why it would engage forward a little but then wouldn't go in reverse at all. He's going to charge about $1200.00 to fix it and to replace a valve cover gasket that should also be done while everything is out. He guarantees his work for the life of the car.