why would my 1995 Lebaron headlights go on and off intermitently while driving?

Asked by Nov 18, 2011 at 04:59 PM about the 1995 Chrysler Le Baron GTC Convertible

My headlights go on and off intermittently when I have them turned on and I hear a clicking sound when they go off.  To get them back on I have to sometimes slam the dashboard and then sometimes they just come back on by themselves.

There is a plug that connects the dash devices (headlights, turn signal, etc) to the car. It becomes loose. Push on the dash to re-establish connection. There are screws under the assembly which should hold it secure.

10

I have the same issue with my 1991 lebaron GTC v6 convertible the dash lights go out also. Both are controlled by a push button switch on th left side/top of the dash. How can I obtain a new switch for this model. The turn signal, with dimmer, wind shield wipers, headlight and dash lights are all together on the left control panel.

20

I had the same issue with my 95 Lebaron. Chrysler no longer sells replacement light switchs and the one I got from the junk yard had the same problem. Time to determine root cause! After much investigation I found that I had to resolder the connections on the small circut board that contained the male portion of the main connector to the wiring harness. That was a few years ago. The problem never returned. You can't visually see any faulty solder joints. Just hit each pin connection with a low power soldering iron. Good Luck