It just died.

Asked by Oct 05, 2011 at 10:55 PM about the 1993 Chrysler Le Baron GTC Convertible

My wife stopped to check the mail on the way into town and moderately increased speed to 45 mph on the way to hiway speed when the car died without any indication. Did not 'cut out' or 'sputter. Simply died. It is gettin fuel and spark. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2,295

it could be the ecu mother board gone down get an auto electrician to run a diagnostic program

10

Probably the timing belt.... common

Thank's for the reply. There is no "check engine" light showing and I had to replace a rubber 'o' ring behind the water pump so I had the water pump and timing belt replaced at the same time about 8,000 miles ago even tho I was told the engine was a crate that was installed two or three years earlier.

85

I'm sorry if this is late but get you crankshaft position sensor and your camshaft position sensor checked. The car probably cut off because it was hot and when either one of these are going bad it causes the car to shut off, once it cools down it will start again but will keep shutting off once it is hot. thats your best bet start with these two sensor they might be the only thing you need.