2007 Prius Question

Asked by Feb 04, 2014 at 06:33 PM about the 2007 Toyota Prius Base

I own a 2007 Toyota Prius which has been running quite well until recently. Recently, I've experienced unexplained instances where I attempt to start the car to find that it won't start and has no power. I have it jumped and it seems to come back okay...until the next time. I've noticed that the Prius runs fine and holds a pwer charge after a long drive (30 minutes or more). However, if I take it on a short drive, the car comes up drains a few hours later. I've heard a few opinions on what could be happening, but what do you think. Also, in the interest of full disclosure, this car still has the original batteries in it. Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.

ya...hold the start button for a goodly long time....this will reset it~

ours is a 2006 and a dorky-darned thing like HOLDING the start button is what it takes....tricky Japanese~

19,705

Replace the battery. It is 7 years old.

gettin it to shut off has been an issue too....darned it sure miss the dungeon key technology~....it's like you never know what it's doing.....this thing is kinda crazy...I'm a mechanical Engineer and it does not make any sense~..press and hold the START...sadly this is the answer~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpEvHteODm8&feature=kp

tuffie, we got one of these...ours is a 2005 and it's battery is doin' just fine~ and hello expensive...I tell ya~

thanks for remindin' me of Engine54 by the ethiopians...takes me back~

...er 2006...it's my wife's car~

120.000 miles and still smells and drives like it's brand new~

19,705

7 years old I would have it load tested.

probably gonna need one soon m'self....but there is something sexy about runnin' off just BAT power...tho the electronics do not like it~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickel%E2%80%93metal_hydride_battery

the problem that I've seen is that it simply doen't know how to SHUT OFF~....ggrrrrr agrivating...pull out the key and it's still in control of the lights...the BCM ain't shuttin' down neither~

see, when the brain is "on" the car is on the battery power...and the only off button IS the on button....yeesh~

so....this is a "soft" failure as the running mode is still engaged when "OFF"...supposed off has been activated.....see therein lies the problem...you cannot tell what in the hell it's doing...but I digress...quite certain that subsequent models aren't as "squishy" with tellin' you what they are doin'~

it's like LOOK at me Look at me...I'm so smart...I'm so confident...you will do as the system commands you to...you will behave as the system tells you it's needs....it's a matter of personal choice...personally like the cable choke and hand crank to start the engine~ not gonna let the robots control my behavior...personal choice...friends~

agree with tuff...

BTW a destructive LOAD test will significantly reduce the life of this battery...the load test administers a DEAD SHORT...then counts how long it takes to charge up....Do not believe it is in the batteries best interest to do somethin' like that to it~

tt---you've been booted off of this site...no one CARES what you think~

operator_13 are you not the former JUDGE ROY who was BOOTED from the # 1 guru spot for CHEATING and ATTACKING user jjmtuttle and being a points pusher ?????

jjmtuttle won that battle you lost your #1 spot what did he lose... 800 points... you had 68,000 points from cheating as JUDGE ROY and now your Operator_13 and david who was # 2 got BOOTED for the same and is now Fordnut. how did he lose?? he has a life this is YOURS!! how sad!