92 Ford festiva Gl

Asked by Mar 20, 2016 at 09:50 PM about the 1992 Ford Festiva GL

What motor can I swap for a 1.3l 4 cylinder I
was told a 2.0 but from Wat car and year
would be best and easy

6,855

a lot of mazda b-series engines will work. The 323/tracer b6 is the easiest (splice injector plugs, recommend b6k1 ecu and .. S VAF iirc). I have a 1st gen b6 and if I ever went bigger it will be b6d. It gets more complex, more modifications to the firewall, motor mounts/trans mounts, wiring, etc from here. There's also the Capri XR2 B6T. A buddy of ours is all about harmonics which brings me to the most popular BP swap 1.8 (escort gt, protege and a few others). I would recommend going to www.fordfestiva.com and registering and reading the complex swaps section. I just put $570 into suspension on mine and it's likely the most important upgrade you can do. advancedynamics suspespion conversion with mk2 golf front w/ 125w springs, cabriolet rears w/ 120w springs. And running 165/70 13 zeetex off ebay. Didn't like the 165/55 14 options on ebay. Keep in touch, also go to facebook and search for fordfestiva.com you'll see where a bunch of us have been talking about this stuff.