NEED HELP!!!

Asked by Nov 30, 2010 at 11:35 PM about the 1992 Ford Explorer 2 Dr Sport SUV

i have a 1992 ford explorer, my dash lights and park lights wont come on same with my stero, i have replaced the head light switch and checked all fuses and still nothing works!! how ever u can jump the plug and get the tail lights to work, can someone please give me some ideas for this problem iam slowly losing my mind here!!

45

were you are jumping the plug at the light switch also test with ohm meter the switch itself same pins to see if the circuit closes for the lights to come on.. "power must have a place to pass through the switch"

first the lights and stero dont work off the same switch,i would check for ground problems on the lights,as for the stereo is it factory or aftermarket.

the stero is after market but still hooked up to the factory plug wires

45

if you notice the dash wire is a blue red trace, and it does go to the stereo lighting, or a lighting module. this circuit goes through the switch and also through the reistat on the swich to raise and lower the brightness, in some models this is electronic, and a evtm would give you that answer, I am looking ofr information on you truck but I seam to have lost my early years.

45

do you have auto lamps?

yes it has automatic day time lights

you may have a igniontion switch problem,might want to replace it.

5

dash light stays off y the parkinging switch is on

5

Y IS THAT I NEED TO KNW SOME ASAP CANT SEE NOTTHING AT NIGHT THAY COME AND GO RIGHT BACK OFF AND I HAVE THE AUTO LAMPS ON THE REARVIEW MIRROR AND AT THE TIME THAT DID TURN ON AND OFF THE HAEDLIGHTS BUT I FIX THAT BUT THE DASH LIGHT WAS DOING THAT BEFOR I FIX THE HAEDLIGRS BY THE REARVIEW MIRROR ITS A NEW PARKING LIGHT SWITCH AND A NEW BOX AT THE RADIO SO IDK WAT TO DO NOW I NEED SOME HELP ON THIS LIKE ASAP BC I HAVE A BABY AND I NEED TO SEE HOW FAST IM GOING

45

it sounds more erratic and grounds are usually a fault when it comes to erratic diagnosis

27,555

After market Stereo? I've seen plenty of people use the dash light circuit for a ground and drive the lighting system crazy. (Blue/Black wire - I think)