my is having trouble starting in the morning

Asked by Mar 04, 2017 at 10:26 PM about the 2001 Audi Allroad Quattro 4 Dr Turbo AWD Wagon

i have a 2001 audi allroad 2.7T and in the morning it takes several attempts at turning over before it will start, if i touch the gas pedal it will stall, but after about 10 min of turning it over and over it will finally ideal and then the rest of the day its fine starts perfectly until the next morning. Then the same happens, I just replaced my fuel filter and that wasnt it, i replaced all my sparkplugs 6 months ago and there are no codes. Any ideas?

108,085

Check you fuel pressure when the car is cold in the morning as well as when it reaches temp. Try this turn the key to the on position (Do Not Start) and let the fuel pump try to build presuure for about a minute

I think I found the problem my temperature sensor could be bad, I have a HUD heads up display that plugs into the scannner port and the temp readings on that where going up and down like crazy and my dash was reading normal plus ive been leaking antifreeze slowly about a qt a month. So Im almost positve its my coolant temperature sensor. changing it on tuesday, I will let you know how it goes. thanks