Serpentine belt

Asked by Jun 27, 2017 at 12:29 AM about the 2007 Honda Civic LX

I just installed a new serpentine belt on my Honda civic 07 LX.
When I started the car, it was squealing.
I drove for 2 days and it started shredding.
I also realized a part of the belt was a little bit off the AC pulley.

I am trying to figure out it got there.
Is it a misalignment or a bearing.
How can I diagnostic the issue?

Thank you

This is the right way to do this video Hope this helps

Thank you @dariusk8. I watched the video. I believed when the belt was installed, everything was align. The more I drove the more the belt was moving out and ended up a little off the pulley then started shredding. I'm thinking a pulley bearing. Any more input ?

Could the vibration of the engine due to a misfire can be the source of the issue. I had only 3 cylinders running. And when I was doing testing to figure out which ignition coil was not working, the engine was running with only 2 cylinders working ...

Every engine vibrates and the car //truck has engine mounts (actually cushions) underneath.....and those need to be replace if worn out. Without those you would have excessive vibration...yes

Vibration due to misfire may have had some effect.....but having worn "Mounts" is much worse

How many miles? or when was last time you replaced pulley? Of course they wear out around 100k miles, from my past car experience

I just bought the car with 60K. Well after I removed the serpentine belt, I inspected the pulleys. The water pump is making some small notices when it is spinning, but I can actually shake the AC compressor easily. The whole unit is moving. I am thinking either the mount , the screws or the compressor is is worn. . I will take out the alternator on Friday and check where the issue is coming from.

Just reading your notes, gives me many ideas to check out. Please do a Vin number car fox check. How many accidents did this vehicle have? Please look at the mileage all the numbers line up....or are any askew? at 60k miles....there is a lot happening that should be happening at bigger at 100k+ or so. Just my gut here.

Yes you are right, this car was in an accident, and when I bought the car, the guy told me it has been sitting for a long time. And looking a the picture from the accident, the passenger front bumper was crashed. It might explain the misalignment and vibration around the AC compressor. The AC compressor is not hard to change, Hopefully the mount is fine...

Don, you may want to bring this to a professional body guy. AAA has a list of very honest people in your zip code. Have him look, especially lift it up, and give an assessment for free. Then you will have an honest look at what u are Needing to do

Alright, thank you for your feedback