preformance upgrades that dont void the warenty

35

Asked by Aug 09, 2008 at 12:43 AM about the 2007 Honda Civic EX

Does any one know anything that wont void the afore mentioned warenty

25

buy a camaro

10,115

air intakes and cat back exhaust systems are about it.

15

For that car you're better off leaving it stock

35

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/ is a great place to discuss Honda stuff. Lots of info on what works and what doesn't and what should be deferred.

75

Not being ugly...but nothing that you will ever do to that car will ever make it fast. Unless, you build the motor and slap a turbo on there...and then you are so far away from stock that you cant even say warranty without a smirk on your face. Long story short...keep it clean, make it look decent(NO BODY KIT OF ANY SORT), and enjoy the great gas mileage that it was designed for.

45

hallelujah to that man.. yes no main stream civic owners please lol. body upgrades void immediately unless u buy from honda? any case. increase horsepower by just keeping ur car clean, changing old belts, using good motor oil every 4-5K miles [since its a civic]

20

check out 8thcivic.com. its a good place to meet ppl in your area and discuss upgrades. i have a 08 civic si coupe, and i was told my honda, that infact each part you replace only voids that piece of the warrenty...ex. replace the exhaust, exhaust warrenty such as leaks or defects are voided. replace intake, that will take off the intake and throttle body warrenty, ask me if you have any other questions.

Here's the truth. NO upgrade you do to your car VOIDS your warranty. There are a few things you should know though. 1. It is ILLEGAL for a dealership to tell you your warranty is VOID. 2. If a failure occurs to a vehicle component after NON-OEM parts have been installed that component MAY not be warrantied by your dealership. Thats all, plain and simple right? Hope it helps

140

intake, exhaust, after market ECU (just be sure to swap the stock one back before you take it to the dealership), other than that you can't do much without having to go into the engine.

85

even intakes can void warranty... especially if the person doesnt put the air sensor back on to the new intake pipe that they put on... company can claim that it distrupts air:fuel. Sucks huh!?

55

what you can and cant put on the car is a toss up..... but if that car has hit top speed the warranty might be gone already...... some companys will do that

10,115

Chris is incorrect. For example, if you change your rims to a larger size, the weight balance of the rotating wheel is increased causing excessive wear to the transmission, wheel bearings, cv axles, and and the brakes. This will cause these parts not to be covered under factory warranty as YOU caused the premature failure. Discuss with your local dealership to see what is allowed. If ever in question, ask them........

155

heres a better idea if you want to build up a car, buy one whos warranty is already out that way issues such as voiding it aren't a problem pick up an older honda or acura (prelude, integra, civic, rsx) they are cheaper and easy to modify and being honda they will last a long time as long as basic maintenece is done

10,115

Yeah, but then you have the same car every other teenager has. I say do it, don't worry about the warranty, and enjoy your car.

155

good point