2006 Honda civic DX will not start at all the battery always dead. Someone has to jump start the car for me. Went to O'Reilly they said the battery is at 98% and nothing wrong with my car.

Asked by May 27, 2014 at 09:39 AM about the 2006 Honda Civic DX

When smoke comes out the bottom of the
car it makes a sound like air bags make
when dropped. O'Reilly said everything to
the Honda okay just need new spark plugs.
Why does my car die and smoke comes out
of the bottom?

25,365

wow- smoke comin' out- the sound of airbags dropping- I can see it- pure poetry- but I have no idea what that could be- maybe you should check with someone other than a parts store-

Okay I will so that thanks. But sometimes the smoke will come out sometimes it wont.

365

Why O'Reilly? When you are looking for definitive, concise answers about something that no one has an answer for you the Dealer is the No.1 and only place to take car (they know far more than Civics than any Firestone, Sears, O'Reilly, Pep Boy's ever will) these places are like going for a back massage when in reality you need to be seen by a spinal surgeon.

I would have to disagree strongly with dex04's statement - "the Dealer is the No.1 and only place to take car" Remember the dealer protects the bottom line of the car manufacturer - all cars have manufacturing and design defects that if fully remedied under warranty on all cars, then Honda and all manufacturers would be bankrupt - PERIOD!! A private independent shop does not have to protect Honda or anyone else!! Dealerships are usually way to fast to "spinal surgery" since this is how they make money in false trust and those who have large wallets - Bad Combo, but great for dealerships!!

365

Well... last time I checked, we all are still entitled to our very own opinion, that is the beauty of this country. By your peppy dealer bashing I gather that you apparently subscribe to the bush type car Doctor with ten different makes of cars waiting to be serviced sitting at the front of the shop who today fixes your trans, tomorrow your fuel pump and when your windshield cracks he can also replace it and in addition has a body shop in the back for when you have a fender bender. You may have a "local garage" who tends very well to your car by an ace mechanic and Kudos to him for keeping abreast of all latest service bulletins to all car makes and knowing as well the workings of a Renault Alpine, Peugeot, Bricklin SV-1 to a modern Honda like the back of his hand and bless him as well for saving your money on those $29.95 Tune Ups. However, I have yet to find a hidden gem of a mechanic at any of our local garages that would know in depth the working of my cars therefore, they are maintained by their respective dealers without a hitch and no major surgeries thus far and never been left on the road. This is why this poor kid is still lost among all those technical wizards that abound at his disposal at the local shops.