what the hell is a muffler bearing

520

Asked by May 13, 2008 at 10:18 PM about the 2006 Honda Civic DX

i just had a spring service done on my 2006honda civic and the tech told me that i will need to replace my muffler bearing, and told me it is around 200 bucks is that a good deal or am i being taken for a ride..
as well they said that my sunroof needed to be lubed but i needed to by white oil to lube it and it cost me 50 bucks..

did i get screwed??

95

You got screwed man! I got my muffler bearing from Canadian Tire for 36 bucks and did it myself. It takes ten minutes and all you need is a Franklin screwdriver! Even with labour it would have been like $125. Where did you go?? Sounds like an okay deal with the sunroof, although my garage also throws in a halogen fluid top up for my headlights with my spring service (which they do three times a year.) You should get a new mechanic....

20

yeah, there's no such thing as a muffler bearing... I hope you're not serious in asking this question, but if you are, never go to that tech ever again. Also, 50 bucks for lube is way too expensive.

115

for that price he shoulda done your blinker fluid also

7,995

Did they replace the wire smoke too? Pretty much everything they tried to sell you is B.S. Generally speaking sunroofs are nearly always maintance free. And bearing implies rotating parts... Unless you have one of those stupid exhaust tips with the little fan that springs out when you rev the engine, there are no bearings. And if you have one of those stupid spinner tips then you need to be shot.

It might refer to rubber isolation (hanger) pads, but that price would be a world record.

95

amen.

5

did he mean muffler bushing? because the only thing that makes sense is the rubber bushings that keep your exhaust suspended under your bumper. yea those are like 5 bucks. LUBE YOUR sunroof. if you had to pay someone to do that, you dont deserve to own a car.

15

Let me work on your car, i need someone stupid like you to give me money for parts that are not real, ill keep you car for afew days then tell you how hard it was to replace, in all reality i will not do a thing to your car. I was being sarcastic, but ya dont go there any more they lied and are tring to rip you off.

995

wow everyone on here who responded to this question is a big ass! the poor guy was just asking questions and most of you gave such a rude response that was not neccesary! i hope most of you rot in hell you assholes! Thanks for playing

7,995

wow you're one to talk you respond to most peoples post by calling there car a P.O.S.,giving them bad advice, and telling them 'thanks for playing'

995

what are you talking about bad advice, i give sound advice to every answer i give, i'm only here to help people!

825

the only reason why ty here says everything is a POS is well, because they are. ie, i have a 72 toyota rotting in my driveway, or i have a 73 beetle, what is it worth?

45

LOL!

75

Larry......You crossed the line with your vulgarity. Nuff said.

You guys that said muffler bearings dont exist are fucking retards