hot and cold slider not working

Asked by Jan 15, 2016 at 09:37 PM about the 2003 Ford Windstar Cargo Base

I had my thermostat replaced yesterday and was told that the slider that you
move from cold to hot was moving too freely.  can you pls tell me how to get
to this so I can see it has come loose,   Thank you for help.

77,905

May be moving freely but does it work? Do you notice a difference in temperature? If it came loose you wouldn't notice a temperature change from hot to cold.

Yes it does change from hot to cold, when you go to hot it doesn't blow out hot air just warm. any ideas on what we might try, is there a way to check the heater coil. thanks for the help

77,905

It sounds like this is a cable that runs down to the blend door. You would have to get underneath the dash, & trace the cable from the climate control lever down to where it connects. Thats where it would need the adjustment and the clamp that holes the cable in place to be snugged up to hold the cable after the adjustment.

is there a video that shows how this is done