Replaced fuel filter on 97 Ford Windstar now wont start

Asked by May 01, 2017 at 09:47 PM about the 1997 Ford Windstar Cargo 3 Dr STD Cargo Van

3.8 Litre v6 running a bit rough then quit, replaced fuel filter now engine will not start.  
Does air needs to be bled from line?

165

The air will work itself out. Were there any preexisting issues with the vehicle? I would start by checking for fuel pressure at the fuel rail. I can't see why there would be an issue all of a sudden unless there's something about the filter itself that's not allowing adequate flow. Any other symptoms from the changing of a fuel filter with a fuel injected vehicle typically stem from some seriously obvious causes, like a leak or whatnot.

As far as pre existing conditions, it has been running fine until 3 or 4 days ago, when it began to idle and run a bit rough, I put in a can of injector cleaner and it helped a bit. until pulling into a parking lot, it began to run real rough then quit. no noises or anything different other than it was idling and running a bit rough.I need to know where fuel rail is and how to check said pressure. I found no leaks, there is a valve like a inner tube that is some sort of relief or bleeding mechanism for the gas line going into manifold. I take it. thanks for your time.