what concerns are there with dolly towing 2004 T'Bird with front wheels down

Asked by May 30, 2015 at 08:21 AM about the 2004 Ford Thunderbird Base Convertible

I want dolly tow my 2004 T'Bird, can't do the rear wheels down cause I don't want to disconnect the drive shaft.  SO----
should I lock steering wheel or just tie off?
any issue with toe-in, caster, camber stuff
normal tire pressure?

The ones I have seen are usually trailered, even the tow companies put a small Dolly wheels under the front if it is towed backwards, must be some reason behind it, could be suspension travel, if it is too low to the ground it could tear of the front valance, and on that car would be a big chunk of out of your pocket book to get fixed. So trailering it would be safer, it would have brakes.

Hello, I tend to disagree...nothing wrong with towing the bird forward. What distance? If you make sure your fluid level is right on the full mark, no problems. I towed cars from Florida to SC for years with dollies...Never took out a driveshaft, and only on a few foreign jobs, I would just let the engine idle to make sure the tranny was lubed. But I never ever had a problem with the major 3 on dollies. Hope this Helps, AskTrannyMan

I think he has an automatic tranny, that is why he doesn't want to remove the driveline?

no no no!! never ever ever tow a car with the drive wheels on the ground unless its manual transmission. if its a short tow and you have no choice you can start the car and put it in neutral and leave it running.as far as dollying it there really no problem UNLESS the tow truck driver is a newb and isn't aware of things that could go qrong. not sure if ford still uses the "air ride" suspensions anymore but ive seen a lot of tow truck drivers make the mistake of not shutting the suspension off and the car gets delivered with the frame sitting on the ground and its not cheap to refill