.Ford Taurus Charging System

Asked by May 01, 2014 at 10:44 AM about the 2005 Ford Taurus SE

I have a 2005 Ford Taurus.  The check charging system light keeps coming on but all electrical items work fine,  lights, blower, etc.  I took it to Advance Auto Parts and they checked it out with a high tech analyzer and said the charging system was fine.  I read a blog that said the Taurus is very picky about how much voltage is sent to the system and to make sure you have a genuine Ford Alternator,  so I changed that.  Then someone suggested changing the battery,  so I changed out the battery.  Another blog suggested checking all of the fuses, so I did that and changed them around from 40 amp to 40 amp 10 amp to 10 amp and so on.  The light still comes on.

This driver had a similar issue.....http://www.fordtaurus.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11067

iam having the same problem with a 2005 taurus ,may b a fuse or a dead ground somewhere.

I am having the same problem with my 2006 Taurus.

I am having the same problem with my 2008 Ford Taurus. The Check Charging System still comes on I was told at O'Reillys it was my battery. And the Check Charging System still appears.

I have a 2006 . Check charging system light goes on and off at random. Changed alternative and starter and battery is also good. Very frustrating!

Ford builds crap and charges a premium to fix crap.The systems are overly complicated and needs a much simplier design

My altanator is working, new battery, new battery post, wire connections are good and yet the charging system warning still comes on.What a piece of crap!The Russians build simpler , better cars!

Guess its all ford taurus. I have 2005.. Just bought my car feb 13 this year and my check charging system keeps popping up every few days... I looked at battery which is only year old.. Everyone says no issues... But pops up...

Ok so I'm dealing with a similar problem with my 2007 Taurus SEL At 66,500 miles currently (bought used from a local dealer at 64,245 mi ). Replaced battery as standing voltage was 11.3 v average after 12 hour rest. New battery standing voltage 12.4 v. Cleaned terminals, checked fuses, Measured charge rate ( new battery 14.3 volts, old battery 13.8 volts). Auto Zone load tester said, the alternator was bad ? So maybe; but what I have found so far is a bad connection between the alternator and the sensor wire plug (3 wire plug) on top of the alt. When I push on this connection all of a sudden the charging system comes to life and starts working again. Haven't figured out yet if it's a poor plug connection or a internal alternator problem. However I have not yet scanned for latent stored computer codes nor deleted those that can cause a reoccurring system error. Much like any computer they should be scanned for accumulated bugs on a regular basis. These are good solid cars but, like all American cars they may need some fine tuning and with a little love they will last and, be a reliable friend.

I have a 2006 Ford Taurus no charge light and passenger air bag light come on drove car home 20 miles battery completely dead. I charged battery and removed alternator and took them to my local auto zone they both tested like new car has 226000 miles it has been a very dependable car

i get a message on my 2004 taurus that says something about check breaks and then the car dies out... anyone have any idea?

I have a 2005 Taurus and have the same issue as the last poster (Zack)... Car died out today with the same symptoms... And news on what it was or how to resolve it ? Lights and all eletrcic was diying down as that wwas happening.

Having this problem ,2007 Taurus , recently bought . Replaced Alternator , light immediately returned .Mechanics checked ...all charging working perfectly . Sounds like I've inherited a nightmare flaw that Ford won't address. We should start a relentless social media campaign against Ford to address this problem.

My check engine light stays on my husband does something to the battery it goes off for a few hours to 2 days then come back on just now it says check charging system is that the same as check engine????? I have a new battery i was honna change the alternator but after reading these comments i see that wont help smh