windsheild wiper switch problems

25

Asked by Mar 04, 2013 at 12:11 AM about the 2002 Ford Taurus SE

The switch for the windsheild wiper is having problems, I would turn it on the lowest speed and it would turn on the water sprayer as well and it won't stop spraying until there's no water or I turn it off myself. Anyone would know the problem or what piece I would have to buy to fix the problem?!

hate to tell you there's a bad switch here, but we could try to release a 'stuck cam' by if you look where the links for both ww wipers converge, there's a cam and a switch that tells whether or not to continue or to quit. somewhere in that assortment of windshield things there is a pump that pumps the washer...well the switch is stuck, and hate to recommend this but a rap with a screwdriver handle may be just the right thing to put the cam in place...right now can't decide whether its near the bottle or in the steering column...you might just have to trace the washer line -clear plastic to where it gets to the thing what's responsible for getting it to go and do a fonzerelli move rappin it to jockey the cams into the right positions.

Best Answer

Tiffany....awww, you're sweet, going to give you ten points...because I can. Indeed I'm scratching my head trying to thing of the archetecture here, could just go to an online assembly manual to dig in deeper, as once I get something in my teeth have trouble letting it go-

25

Thanks and hopefully I'll solve my switch problem.

I hope to god you use your parking brake....can't tell you the number of bad taurus transmissions....like, every one. Using your parking brake will take the stress out, not asking your transmission to bare the weight of your (perhaps still moving) automobile. ever think about a mini. my wife put me in one. now I'm a fashion accessory~