dome light would not light and that my windows will not go down break light illuminates on dash after the car is started.

75

Asked by Feb 06, 2013 at 12:13 PM about the 2002 Ford Taurus SE

I have a 2002 Ford Taurus SE, I have noticed that in the mornings my dome light would not light and that my windows will not go down. The car is running when I pushed the window switch. Also the emergency break light switch lights and stays lit for a period of time even after I pull the break. I am puzzled because it seems that after the car is running for a bit the window switch works and dome light turns on with the door open and the on/off switch...Help!Thanks

107,965

I can see some sort of battery saver keeping the dome light off. Don't know why the windows won't work. The brake light on the dash is for more than telling you when the hand brake is on. It also is a warning indicator for the braking system. Check the brake reservoir fluid level.

75

no battery saver installed, the dome light and windows both do not work in the mornings when I first get in to start the car to warm it up. No idea why this happens and then about 5 min. later they work.... puzzled The fluids I will check and the drums/pads. Thanks

107,965

My 2002 Pontiac came that way from the factory. If I leave a light on or if there is a battery drain, the body control module will shut the circuits off. I can hit the unlock button and the power will come back on. -- I was thinking maybe Ford had something similar.

75

This only seems to happen on cold mornings. Today the dome light came on and the windows rolled down with no hesitation. Strange.....

9,495

Could be a problem with the body control module. It controls all these different things.

75

body control?? serious...

9,495

On modern cars, almost everything that used to be directly controlled by a switch is now run through the body control module. One of my friends had to jerry rig his headlamps after the module decided he did not need his left headlamp. EVER. He is hoping a reflash will fix the problem. If not, he needs a new one at over $1,000. The car is not worth that, either.

190

I have the same problem except I was changing my dome light and I forgot to disconnect it and it blew I thought it was the bulb but now my dome lights and side mirror lights wont turn on and my windows wont roll down I cant find any burnt out fuses what can it be?

190

I have an 03 ford Taurus se by the way

10

same issue here, trying to find which relay in the driver side fuse box that's hanging up. it works when I tap it with my left foot, then hangs up again.

10

I'm having the same problem where I start my 2003 Ford taurus see and the window switch won't roll the windows down untill I'm already 15 min on the road its really irritating and now my door open light flashes on and off and along with the dome light does the same! Please give me advice to fix this irritating problem