Fuse or need a new heater blower

5

Asked by Jul 07, 2008 at 03:17 PM about the 2002 Ford Taurus SE

The air conditioner/heater in my car only works on high.  It goes completely off if I turn it off of the high setting.  Thermostat works perfectly and so does the other gauge that regulates "where" it goes (not for sure on the correct term).  Is there a second fuse connected to the heater that may be blown to regulate low to high and the actual blower fuse is okay?

135

Your problem is not a fuse or the blower but the blower resistor. the resistor regulates the voltage to the lower fan speeds and gets bypassed for the highest speed. it is usually located within close proximity to the blower motor. not sure of price for a new one but they are quite cheap at a junk yard

735

The resistor in the circuit is no good. But the plus to this is it usually a not an expensive fix.

140

I have a 2002 ford Taurus which the blower motor speed jut operated in the high setting than stop all together. I read that the speed switch & the resistor was the problem. They were replaced as the fuses.The motor still does not work. Any suggestions? Is it the blower motor itself?

40

I have a question my heater stopped blowing in my car but it kicks a little heat when i start driving anyone know whats wrong I have a 2008 Ford Taurus

40

I have replaced the resistor and the switch and still have only the fan on "high" position. Any Ideas where to look next?