1992 aerostar buzzing/vibration in drive train

Asked by Jan 12, 2015 at 01:26 PM about the 1992 Ford Aerostar 3 Dr XLT AWD Passenger Van Extended

When not on a load or coasting in gear my van makes an intermittent buzzing like
vibration like a clutch is engaging and disengaging, Seems to be coming from lower front
drivers side but hard to tell. lease help... Tim

No

8,420

Tim allen ? really? do you know that van very well ? all wheel drive aerostar? extended length van ? thrummm ? pulsing ? buzzing vibration? Seriously ? allright, First safety inspect it for things falling out. shake down the front end for loose parts. check your drive shafts for crumbling universals. all the hangers, mounts and insulators. The exhaust system. If it is safe to drive, operate it in the air on a lift and try to isolate your concern. Now look up the Tech bulletins that cover noise, vibration, harshness, body boom, droning, exhaust related noise and thrum. Now inspect the odometer. Look over the list of safety items , and decide what you need. Goto the u-pull-it yard, and stock up on goodies. Have a great time. You may need a secretary and the boys to accompany you with some extra wheelbarrows to haul in all those nice parts. cheap though, dont get me wrong. It is no trouble really if you dont mind replacing things often. but you cannot make it something it is not.