Where to get replacement exhaust parts?

Asked by May 15, 2014 at 05:44 PM about the 2003 Ford Focus SVT 4 Dr STD Hatchback

I've now got holes in my exhaust. I've got to fix it to pass the next inspection. My service guy can't find replacement parts. Are they still available *somewhere*? Or can I get something custom?

78,375

You stated holes, are they rust holes or test holes used during diagnosis? Most good exhaust shops can redo your exhaust system if your not set on a factory setup. And if you do go that way your can customize it, depending on what your states regulations are.

210,665

try searching online, there are aftermarket kits, use www.rockauto.com or www.summitracing.com or go custom at a local muffler shop like tennis shoes suggested.

tennisshoes & tom: The holes are from rust. I thought the system was stainless, but I guess not stainless enough. "Good" doesn't come to mind for any of the "exhaust shops" I'm familiar with. (Midas, Meineke.) I assume you mean something different than that. Am I right that the SVT exhaust system is "tuned" to the car? Am I looking for an after market solution that is also tuned for this car? Will a custom shop be able to do it right?

78,375

T104 stainless pipe and muffler is great stuff, if you have a speed shop in your area they might be able to get you a complete system if you want to spend the bucks. The only thing tuned in an exhaust system anymore is the headers if your engine had it from the factory. You can buy aftermarket tuned headers. So if you get tuned headers a T104 exhaust system you should be good to go for many years.

This car is 10 years old now. For that it is low milage - just approaching 100k. It isn't going to last forever, so I don't want to pay excessively for a system that will last another ten years. But I also don't want something that is crap and fails in a year. I'm looking for a cost effective solution. I'm not a "car guy", so I don't know exactly what I'm looking for or where I should be looking for it. If it is mail order after market stuff, then I'd probably expect my garage to install it. If it is a special exhaust shop - not Midas/Meineke - then I need some help to know what to look for. I'm located in the suburbs west of Boston. Thanks to all for the suggestions!

78,375

From everything I hear that they use salt on the roads there, so just normal exhaust pipes won't last long, if you just want to get by look in your yellow pages for exhaust shops, you might find some local guys that can do you a good job and not cost you an arm and a leg.