I have a 2006 ford focus se zx4. when i put it in park and push the button to put my window up it causes the engine to shut off.. Even when i have the turn signal on the headlights flicker and dim.

5

Asked by Mar 07, 2010 at 03:35 PM about the 2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE

My guess would be the battery? or alternator?

5

Well there is an easy way to tell if it is the alternator. When your vehicle is running is your battery light on? If so that is most commonly caused by a charging system fault such as a bad alternator. Start with the simple things and work up from there.

9,605

I would lean towards the battery.. If it were your alternator your battery light would be on and we would not be having this convo. If the battery is weak it would still start the car (maybe) but would cause the problems you describe... BUT... If you car was idling too low it would do the exact same thing. Just FYI.

your battery would not cause this problem,sounds like their is a ground problem in your wireing.

9,605

Seriously Dude... The battery would cause this problem.. A ground in the wiring would not.. A failed ground would cause the battery light to come on. As would a faulty alternator... I will stick by my opinion of a faulty battery or maybe an extremely low charged battery.

20

Yeah seriously. I have the same problem and no its not the battery or the alternator. I have tested both battery and alternator have been tested by myself. I'm chasing the ground right now. Fog lamps work every thing but the low beam head lights. High beam work fine.

So what happened with y'all? Michael?? I have this same problem now..the low beams/regular headlights just go out whenever they want. The high beams are fine. But IF you get the low beams on for a second, and put on the signal, they go off. So, I have to be home before dark, or risk getting pulled over/blinding someone cuz of high beams. Also, months back, some of the speedometer light went out, at about 60 and on it's dark. I used to just hit the dash once or twice, that doesn't work anymore lol. Seems like a short.

20

I never figured it out I sold my focus something kept creating a short in my charging system. It worked great I load tested my alternator amps were fine checked them with my amp clamp. Sorry I couldnt be of any help.

No worries. Thanks for responding. Yeah I love the giddy up this car has for a standard but looks like she's seen better days. We'll figure something out.