Any new answers for an old problem, 2006 Ford 500 AC blows hot air ?

Asked by Jul 25, 2016 at 07:35 PM about the 2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited

A few years ago I had the ac control valve, or scroll valve, replaced and freon
added, worked great until this year. Now it blows hot air, more so out of the
passenger side vents. Any suggestions greatly appreciated from anybody that
had similar issues with Ford 500, or like models. Thank You

Quick question does it have dual climate and does it switch from hot to cold easily or just seems like it only changes part of the way

Joshua, it does have dual climate control. I'm not sure your other question, the air stays steady when ac on, it does seem the driver vent blows colder than passenger side vents with ac. Are you saying I should also check the heater to see how hot it blows? I have the car at dealer body shop now,unrealted, someone backed into, small dent/ repairs. I purchased the Ford 500 new in 2006. I appreciate any help/ suggestions on the ac problem. Thank you, Johnny

What I was asking was how it seemed to adjust from hot to cold when you change it ... But without having the vehicle to look at myself I would check the blend door actuator for the passenger if that's the issue your having with just one side not working properly

Joshua, actually I don't think either side is 100%, but I can definetly tell a difference. The drivers side is cooler than the passenger side vents. We're in the middle of a heat wave, 100 plus high humidity, its quite unbearable. I appreciate your help. Thanks, Johnny

Joshua, which of these do you think could be the cause? AC control valve ( scroll valve), Blend door actuator , expansion valve, engine cooling fan ( although I think it works/ spins), Bleed valve actuator, or compressor? Thank you

Can't say for certain it's a complicated area with multiple parts that could cause a problem and without going through the system to run proper checks I really can't diagnose the issue and I'm not one to suggest throwing parts on a car to try and solve the problem

Joshua, I understand and I appreciate your help. Have a good day, thank you, Johnny