2005 ford 500 ac

Asked by Jan 21, 2013 at 02:42 PM about the 2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL AWD

compressor,freeon full,fan all fine. just will not blow cold air

you need to check the pressures in the a/c system did you have it filled and or checked at shop or did you fill it yourself? you could also have a bad blend door actuator but if it will move from heat to not blowing hot air then i wouldnt suspect that.

had it checked at a shop. heater works fine. just wonmt blow cold

Ive seen compressors go bad quite often of those. It could be cycling just not building enough pressure when running. It would be really hard to say without knowing the operating pressures usually air conditioning problems arent an easy fix that you can do on your own

A few years ago my air in my ford five hundred only blew cold air when moving and I researched and found that the little valve on the compressor was bad and my husband replaced it and it cost me 35 dollars. this is the web page where I bought it cause dealers and parts stores didn't carry it. http://www.techchoiceparts.com/inventory/116597-scroll-compressor-control-valve

My 2005 Ford Five Hundred blows strong and ice-cold air from the 2 driver's side vents (driver's far left window vent, and driver's righthand/center left vent. But the air flow decreases in the passenger's lefthand/center right vent and almost non-existent in the passenger right (far right) vents. The air is also very warm out of both those passenger vents (center and window). Also, when I turn the knob from floor to dash to defogger, there is a clicking/thumping noise. It used to do it all the time, every time. Now it seems to be more sporadic. Is all this related to the blend door actuator? Also as long as I am driving, the air stays cold. When I come to a stop light or am sitting idling in a parking lot, the air coming from all the vents turns hotter. The (private owner) mechanic said the compressor has to be replaced (seems to be an issue with these cars). Is it worth asking about the valve felty mentioned before doing the whole compressor, or will he have to take it all apart anyway just to do the valve and if that doesn't fix it I would have to pay him to take it all apart again??

P.S. to my above post .. the mechanic hooked it up to a freon testing machine and showed me where the pressure should be. It is right at that spot (45 I think he said?) or maybe a tad above.

My ford 500 hundred car won't turn off and out won't turn to hot it very cold out ,anyone plese tell me what I may be able to do,thank you